Saturday, June 25, 2011

Oh the Places I'll Go.

     Hello there!!  This summer I will be travelling around New England... for fun, adventure, and to explore potential colleges.  I love everything about this region... the beaches, cities, mountains... New England has it all.


Adventure #1: Hike Mt. Washington.


     Mt. Washington is the tallest mountain in the region and a popular destination for hiking.  Although I don't hike frequently, my father is a fairly avid hiker.  And yes, I know you should be in shape to tackle this mountain... but I think running has got me into decent shape so I guess I'll give it a go.  This will be quite the challenge, and I think if I set my mind to it, I can do it!


Adventure 2: Burlington. VT


     On this trip I plan to visit Williams College and Middlebury College on the way up.  Then I'll explore Burlington and Lake Champlain for a few days.  Burlington is such a cute New England city... Lake on one side, mountains on the other... I love it!  


Adventure 3: Boston!


     One thing you should know about me... I love Boston!!  One of my aspirations is to live and work in B-town... so I can't wait to visit!  Of course the main objective will be to visit Boston College and Boston University, but I also plan on exploring Newbury St. and other popular destinations.  ...And thanks to my US AP History teacher brainwashing me into a history geek... I may have to walk the Freedom Trail as well. #pleasedon'tjudgeme.


Adventure #4: Maine
Colby College


     My last adventure will be to visit three colleges in Maine... Bowdoin, Colby, and Bates.  I've visited Bowdoin before and it was wonderful, but I'm excited to visit again.  Some other things I will do in ME... Old Orchard Beach, Freeport Outlets (L.L.Bean, J.Crew, Banana Rep, Gap!!), some hiking here and there...  


     Let the summer adventures begin!
Sailboats and Seashells,
Hope

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your travels! I would love to go to all of these places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Boston too, I hope to go there for grad school!! Hope you have fun on your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for all the posts about your adventures! I just got back from Maine, and hopefully, you'll have better weather than we had!

    ReplyDelete